Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Photo #18 - With Story















The story with photo -

Please let me preface this by saying that I am not a religious person. My Mom and Stepfather were vacationing in LasVegas with my Aunt and Uncle. At the time, my uncle was in the final stages of hepatic cancer. After lunch, my mom had my stepfather take a digital photo of she and my aunt and uncle. Immediately after the shot was taken, my uncle turned to my Mom and said, "this might be my last picture!" A short time later, after returning to their hotel, my uncle had to be rushed to the hospital he passed away a few hours later. When my folks returned home from the vacation, upon reviewing the shots downloaded from the camera, they were unable to explain the mysterious glow that seems to only encapsulate my Uncle. They forwarded me the shot. I am a Forensic Videographer. I cleaned up the image and I too cannot explain the glow. Angel of Death, ghost, whatever it is, it remains unexplained. I am sending you the shot as I received it and the enhancement I made.

This is the enhanced version you can enlarge it by Clicking here
I don't notice much difference, but the original can be found Here

5 comments:

Robin Design Group said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Robin Design Group said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Robin Design Group said...

isten, I've seen literally HUNDREDS of pictures like this one, and they are all easily explained. The 'glow' seeming to enshoud your Uncle is in fact a reflect from glass; this photograph was taken from behind glass, which is showing a light reflection from the room the photograph is taken in. If you even look at it slightly, you'll agree, it is indeed a reflection

Alan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Alan said...

Robin, with all due respect, you really should examine something a bit closer before making a comment, and for the sake of those of us reading your post, kindly use spell check - merely a few words of advice. I am a Forensic Photographic/Videographic Analyst, I have made my living as such for nearly 20 years, clearly it is evident in the photograph that it was taken outdoors in what appears to be a courtyard. My Stepfather at no time was behind glass of any type and the lens on his digital camera is a polarized Zeiss. He stood approximately 12 feet in front of my Mom, Aunt and Uncle. The shot was taken without flash, at about 2:00 PM and the mid afternoon ambient light was bright and clear. How do you explain a lack of radiant flaring and the definable "glow" singularly encompassing my uncle, sans your "shot through glass theory"? There appears to be angular aspects to whatever is shrouding my Uncle that I am at a loss to explain. The only orange light source contained within the photo emanates from an incandescent sign residing in the far background, behind the hotel's tinted glass windows. The minimal amount of emanating light and the fact that it would be even further diminished by the hotels tinted windows, makes it not significant enough to cause lens flaring or a singularity issue concerning my Uncle. Basically, the fact that the lights are behind tinted glass and were being captured via a polarized lens, it is impossible for that light source to "flare".

Kindest Regards,

Alan